Title: It Ends With Us
Author: Colleen Hoover
Type: Romance, Contemporary Fiction
Method Read: Physical
“Naked truths aren’t always pretty.”
Colleen Hoover-It Ends With Us
Lily’s life in a little town in Maine hasn’t always been easy. She comes from an abusive home where her father would physically harm her mother. Still, she made a name for herself. She moved to Boston and opened her own business. When she meets Ryle, a sexy neurosurgeon, it seems like everything is falling into place. He also seems to good to be true and maybe he is. Lily begins to notice familiar patterns and isn’t sure what do make of it. When she runs into Atlas, her first love, she begins to question everything.
**Trigger Warning-Story contains scenes of physical abuse
What did I like:
1. I love Colleen Hoover’s writing style! She is a wonderful storyteller that really makes you feel raw emotions. I found myself setting the book down just to wipe my eyes.
2. I appreciate the delicacy when addressing the physical violence in this book and how the victims of the abuse feel. I think Lily’s character is relatable to many.
3. The characters! Marshall. He cracked me up so much! He’s hilarious. I also loved Atlas too.
4. That author’s note! *insert crying emoji*
What did I not like:
1. I didn’t want the story to end. Does that count as a thing I didn’t like? haha. Seriously, there’s not a thing I didn’t like about this book.
This was also a reread for me. A few of my bookish friends were buddy reading it and I decided to tag long. I loved it just as much as the first time I read it. I really need to read all of Colleen Hoover’s other novels. I have enjoyed all the one I have read.